Tuesday, January 25, 2011

The Perfect Brownie

My dear friend Greg is constantly on the search for "The Perfect Brownie" and when my friend Heidi fed me this one (she really didn't have to feed it to me, after she told me what they were I opened my mouth and shoveled them in happily) I knew that I had found : "The One"

Cookie Dough Brownies (oh yes! They do exist!)

1 Box Brownie Mix, plus ingredients for the brownies
1/2 C. Butter, softened
1/2 C. Brown Sugar, packed
1/4 C. Sugar
2 TBS Milk
1 tsp. Vanilla
1 C. Flour
1-3/4 C. Chocolate Chips, divided (I also use whatever chocolate candy I have on hand. I used chopped up Reeses eggs in the recipe pictured)
1 TBS Shortening

1) Prepare and bake brownies according to package directions in a greased 13x9 pan. Cool completely.
2) Cream butter and sugars in a mixing bowl. Add milk and vanilla mix well. Beat in flour. Stir in 3/4 C. Chocolate chips. Spread over cooled brownies and refridgerate until firm.
3) Melt remaining 1 C. Chocolate chips and shortening, stirring until smooth. Spread over filling. (The brownies that are pictured are not iced)
Store in an airtight container in the refridgerator.

Enjoy!!! Sometimes dreams really can come true!

P.S. The two reviews that I have had on this say that they really don't like refridgerated brownies - neither do I - in fact I don't put them in the fridge. I think they say that so that leftovers can stay firm, but if you are like me there will be no left overs!!!
P.P.S. If you are thinking, "but there is cookie dough on top that needs refridgeration!" there isn't Egg in this recipe, so don't worry! But they aren't bad from the fridge.....JUST EAT THEM!


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Template by Best Web Hosting