Tuesday, September 13, 2011

S'more Popcorn Please!!


Late one night me & Mr. S. wanted something to munch. Mr. S wanted something crunchy and I wanted something gooey. Mr. S. wanted chocolate and I wanted marshmellow...S'mores!! But it was late and starting up a fire wasn't really something we could do...S'more Popcorn was born!!!

Now pardon me for not having the exact measurements. I think it was Rachel Ray that said, "You're not conducting experiments for the government, just feel your way through" I whole heartedlly agree!! So I will give you a rough estimate to give you an idea, but don't hold yourself to it, feel free to add or subtract as you desire.

Popcorn (abt 8 cups)
Chocolate Chips, melted (1 Cup, more if you want it chocolatey)
Mini Marshmellows (1 cup - I would rather put in 2 cups, but that's because I love me the mallow!)
Graham crackers (about 6 rectangles, you want them chunky not crumbs. You could also use Golden Graham cereal)

Preheat your oven to 250 degrees. Pop your corn. Put your chocolate chips in a microwave bowl and cook for 20 SECONDS and then stir. If you need more melting time put in for 15 seconds. Repeat every 15 until it is melted.
(BE CAREFUL not to burn your chocolate. If it's looking like fudge - it's a gonner.)
Once the chocolate is melted, pour over the popped corn and stir until the popcorn is coated. Then add your marshmellows and graham crackers. Spread onto a greased cookie sheet.
Bake in the oven stirring every 10 minutes. It was very late at night when I made this and I want to say that I went for about 30 minutes. When the popcorn is feeling baked (I really don't know how to describe this feeling. It makes me want to have you all with me so I could show you. As you are stirring it will feel like the popcorn is separating itself - not as gooey with eachother) and the marshmellows are melting.
Spread onto wax paper and let cool ...if you can stand it.
Enjoy!!

Ooooh do you see that gooey marsmellow?? Sooooo good! Let me know how you like it!

Photobucket

1 comment:

Janae said...

Oh my stars. I can't tell you how much I want to make this. LOL How exactly do you stir it on the cookie sheet?

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Template by Best Web Hosting