Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Fast Weeknight Dinner - Quick Sausage Supper

This is a really easy, tasty recipe that's sure to please.  I ate this as a kid growing up and it quickly became one of Mr. W's favorites, too.  After eating this for dinner one night, he smiled at me and said, "I can't believe I went my whole life without eating this!"  Pair it with a green salad, and you've got yourself a winner of a dinner!

Quick Sausage Supper

In 10" oven-proof skillet, brown 3/4-1 lb. country sausage and 1/2 c. onion; drain.  Sprinkle with 2 tsp. flour.  Add 14-oz. can UNdrained tomatoes, 4 oz. UNdrained mushroom pieces and stems, 1 tsp. oregano leaves, 1/2 tsp. basil leaves, 1/4 tsp. garlic powder, and pepper to taste.  Mix well.
Heat until hot and bubbly, stirring until slightly thickened.
Separate 1 can refrigerated biscuits into 10 biscuits; cut each into 4 pieces.  Arrange pieces over hot meat mixture; sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
Bake at 400 F. 12-16 minutes until golden brown.
*NOTES:  I use a can of Italian-style tomatoes and then skip the rest of the spices, and it tastes great!  I usually don't do the onion, either, but I salt and pepper the sausage as it browns.  The country-style sausage from my grocery store is sold in odd weight amounts (like 1.18 lbs), so I brown all of it at once and then save the extra sausage to use in biscuits and gravy.  Yum!!




Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Template by Best Web Hosting