Tuesday, September 21, 2010

the BEST chocolate chip cookies

This recipe has never failed me. I have used it so much that I am writing this from memory....it's that good. You can take your own spin on this if you want. Chunks of Butterfinger are really good in place of chocolate chips or Reeses Peanutbutter Cups are quite nice too....or all three. Just enjoy it!

1/2 C. Butter
1/2 C. Crisco
1 C. Sugar
1/2 C. Brown Sugar
2 Eggs
2 tsp. Vanilla
3 C. Flour
1 TBS. Baking Powder
1 tsp Baking Soda
1/4 tsp Salt
Chocolate Chips or other chopped chocolate candy

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Cream the Butter, Crisco and Sugars together. Add the Eggs and Vanilla and stir together. Put in the Flour, Baking Powder, Baking Soda and Salt and mix all together. If the dough seems a bit sticky you can add a bit more flour...sparingly, you can add, but you can't subtract....Then pour in the chocolate chips, chocolate candy or whatever you desire in there.
Drop spoonfuls of the dough onto cookie sheets and bake for 8-10 minutes.
It makes 1 cookie to 2 dozen cookies depending on how much dough you ate.
Photobucket

1 comment:

Anna said...

My husband and I have made these twice since you posted the recipe (don't judge :)

I'm actually trying to eliminate major sources of diary so we used all crisco, no butter (sad...but good for my baby who seems allergic to cow's milk).

Anyway, they were great, my husband is happy :)

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Template by Best Web Hosting