Saturday, July 23, 2011

Cool Summer Recipe -- Microwaved Corn on the Cob

Thanks for all of the birthday love, everybody!!  I had a great day.

Back when Michelle came to visit, I fixed corn on the cob using my microwave.  Although Michelle had never seen corn cooked that way, it's the only way I do it!  It's fast and keeps your kitchen blessedly cool.  Start out by shucking and cleaning your corn.  Don't worry about drying them off; you want a little bit of moisture left on the ears. 
Hello, cuties.
 You will need one piece of wax paper for each ear of corn.  The paper needs to be a little bit longer than your corn.  Place your corn on one corner of the wax paper...

...and roll it up!  Twist the ends of the paper like a Tootsie Roll.
I put my corn on the side of the paper that feels more papery, with the waxy side on the outside.

Put your corn in the microwave.  I like to use a plate, but you don't have to.  If you are cooking more than two ears of corn, arrange them like the spokes of a wagon wheel.

Microwave on high.  Start with one minute per ear of corn and then check; I like to gently squeeze each ear to find out if it's still really hard and needs more time.  I think two ears for Mr. W and me usually takes about four minutes total.

Carefully unwrap and then season with butter, salt, pepper, whatever you like!


Yum...that's summer goodness right there!


She Said Cool Recipes button

I am linking this post up to

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Template by Best Web Hosting